Am I happy?

Just last night, I received a text message from a friend. She'd been reading the blog and said I sounded happy. Then, I asked myself, if I really am just that.
I remember reading once, that Life is really the search for immeasurable happiness and I totally agree. I know that many a time, when I pray in the morning, I ask God to grant me a happy day, a day I put smiles on my kiddos' faces, a day that I am feeling blessed to be at work, a day my family is happy through and through. And when I received the message last night, it really got me thinking again. I have a beautiful family and they bring me nothing but joy (on most days). I love my job, especially since it's something (and the only thing) I've been dreaming of doing all my life. I have my girlies at work who are my source of laughter and support whenever I need them. I have my friends who've got my back no matter which part of the world they're at or how often we talk.
But, am I happy? Yes, I probably am. There's always a 'but' though. I know, for a fact, that I could be happier. I have so many more desires and dreams to accomplish. Listing them here would take up too much time. Even at this moment, I can think of about 20 things that could make me happier.
I guess at the end of the day, the person who is truly the happiest, is the one who is satisfied with what he has. Am I going to be that person? Well, for now, on a lazy Sunday afternoon, when the world seems to have stopped around me for a bit, I know I am satisfied and wouldn't want anything to change. I also know though, that the moment I step out of my house and am in contact with the world around me again, my answer would be different.
So, for now, I am happy. Thank you. =) And yes, dearie, I miss you too.

No comments: